It is no surprise that mobile apps are now an integral part of our lives. If you’re looking to take a trip, purchase a movie ticket, or even connect to your favorite ones and others. You need to pull out your phone and look for the relevant applications. Indeed, due to numerous technological-advanced mobile applications, everything is just at your fingertips.
Then, you’re probably wondering about a framework for mobile app development. Yes, Mobile App Development Framework is a library that provides the necessary structure needed to develop mobile apps for the specific environment. In essence, it functions as a design tool to facilitate the development of mobile apps. There are numerous advantages of frameworks for mobile app development, such as their cost-effectiveness, efficiency, and other advantages.
Let’s get back to the basics and talk about several of the most popular frameworks for mobile app development for 2022 that will allow you to build Mobile Applications more efficiently and quickly.
React Native is among the most highly-recommended Mobile App Frameworks available in the world of development. The framework developed by Facebook is an open-source framework that lets you create mobile apps for Android and iOS platforms.
- Re-usability of Code and Cost-Effective
- Supports third-party plugins
- Reusable components to ensure optimal performance
- Provides hot deployment features
- Maintenance Ease
- Various renowned mobile applications built with React Native, such as Instagram, Soundcloud, Uber Eats, and many more.
Flutter, a product developed by Google, is a UI toolkit that allows you to create native apps for the desktop, mobile, and web platforms. Flutter is a mobile cross-platform development framework that uses the same code base for developing Android and iOS applications. Flutter provides a wide variety of completely customizable widgets which help create native apps within a shorter time.
Furthermore, Flutter employs an advanced 2D rendering engine known as Skia to create visuals, and its layering architecture allows for efficient operation of the components. A few of the main advantages of Flutter are as follows:
- Fully Native Performance
- Flexible User interface (UI)
- It provides strong Widget Support
- With Material Design with built-in design
- Fast Application Development
- The most popular mobile apps made on Flutter include – Google Ads, Hamilton, SpaceX Go, Watermaniac, and many others.
Xamarin is also the most widely used open-source framework developed to build mobile applications. The framework, which Microsoft acquired, is built on .Net and lets you create native apps that run on Android, iOS, and Windows platforms.
Xamarin includes almost all the necessary tools and libraries for native development and lets you create incredible experiences using native UI elements. Additionally, Xamarin also supports the possibility of sharing the codebase, which makes your development more effective and economical. There are many benefits to Xamarin. A few of these are listed below:
- A huge community of 1.4 million developers
- Native API Access and User Interface Support
- Easier API Integration
- Be aware of all platforms.
- Speedier and Cost-Effective Development Process
- Some of the most well-known and well-known mobile apps developed on Xamarin are OLO, Alaska Airlines, Storyo, and many more.
Mobile Angular UI
Mobile Angular GUI is an open-source mobile development framework that combines the functionality and design of Bootstrap along with the Angular framework. The framework comes with a range of UI components, such as overlays and switches, sidebars and navbars, scrollable zones, and more. To create attractive and robust user interfaces to the apps.
- Responsive Framework
- Offers Interactive Components
- No jQuery dependencies
- It is easier to convert from the desktop or web application to mobile.
- Numerous well-known mobile applications use Mobile Angular UI, such as Hotelier News, iKeyBox, and many more.
The framework comes with various default UI components like forms, action sheets, filters, navigation menus, and many more to create a stunning and effective design. Furthermore, Ionic has its command-line interface and other features built into the framework, including Ionic Native and Cordova-Based Application packages, and so on. Some of the main benefits of Ionic are as follows:
- Accelerate Application Development
- The availability of Cordova plugins
- Built-in UI components
- Platform Independent
- Based on AngularJS
- Numerous famous mobile apps were built using Ionic like MarketWatch, Amtrak, and many more.
The framework lets you develop a single mobile app installed as a native application on several devices. In addition, the PhoneGap framework doesn’t rely on hardware configurations at all during the creation of mobile apps. There are numerous advantages to PhoneGap, and a few of them are listed below:
- Code Reusability
- No Hardware Restrictions
- Third-Party Tools and Plugin Library
- Robust Support System
- All platforms are compatible.
- Some of the most well-known and well-known mobile applications developed on PhoneGap include – Wikipedia, TripCase, Buildr, and many others.
Additionally, it comes with numerous UI tools that allow you to build exciting experiences. There are many benefits to Titanium SDK. Titanium SDK, some of the following are listed below:
- Different features for API Management
- Compatible with a variety of platforms
- Easier API Integration
- Better Code Reusability
- Faster Development Process
- There are a variety of favorite mobile apps built using Titanium SDK, such as Avis, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Comerica, and many others.
To make the process of development more efficient and convenient. Framework7 offers many advantages to make development easier and more efficient. Framework7, some of which are listed below:
- Easier Customization
- Offers a variety of UI widgets and other elements
- It is paired with other tools such as Electron and NW.js
- Rich Ecosystem
- Maintenance Ease
- There are a variety of popular mobile applications that use Framework7, such as Wappler, Blokt, Kidoverse, and many others.
JQuery Mobile is a cross-platform development application that allows you to develop web and mobile applications for many devices. The framework lets you run the same version of code on all devices. In addition, the HTML5-based framework includes a variety of plugins like Image Slider, Content-Slider, Pop-Up Boxes, and more. Which helps make a rich and engaging design.
Additionally, the JQuery framework can be used with other frameworks for mobile app development that allow you to create a rich and interactive design. For instance, PhoneGap and a variety of others. There are many benefits to JQuery Mobile; some of these are listed below:
- Responsive Framework
- Supports multiple platforms & devices
- Lightweight Size
- Various Add-on Plugins
- Powerful Theming Framework
- The most prominent mobile applications developed upon JQuery Mobile are – Untappd, Veev, and many more.
Furthermore, it is advised to those looking to create apps for multiple platforms in a shorter time and at a lower cost. The major advantages of NativeScript are as follows:
- Cross-Platform Development
- The direct access API that you have to Android and iOS APIs
- Native Performance
- Reusability of Code
- Strong Backend Support
Most developers use this framework because of its simple UI and robust backend. It is also possible to hire an outside developer to assist you in learning about Apache Cordova.
- Cordova uses a basic code base that applies to all platforms.
- If it’s testing or development, Cordova accelerates the whole process
- There are a variety of libraries that can help make the process of developing apps effortless
Numerous popular mobile apps were built using NativeScript like MayMyPhotos, Smart Evaluation, and many more. Hire the best mobile app developers to build your products with the latest trends. Identify your needs, select a suitable framework, and begin building your mobile app.
What are the different types of mobile app development frameworks?
- Native Apps: A native app is specifically developed for a specific device or platform.
- Web Apps are specifically designed to provide websites on various platforms, allowing for use on any device.
- Hybrid Applications: A Hybrid App is defined as an amalgamation of native and web-based applications.
What are the important concerns related to mobile app development frameworks?
However, have you ever considered the best way to build a Mobile Application? Don’t worry; there are a variety of Mobile App Development Frameworks available in the technology world. You may consider learning how to build your mobile applications and perhaps even make an income working in this Mobile App Development domain!!
Dr.Supreena has published two international books in finance with the able guidance of her guide and department at Ethiraj College of Women, University of Madras during her PhD in Economics and Finance. She is the Recipient of Dr Vedagiri Shanmugasundaram (An Oxford Scholar) Award for Outstanding and Successful PhD Candidate from Ethiraj College for Women concerning research record and academic distinction. She is experienced in the domain of finance, digital marketing and information technology writing on Artificial Intelligence, IoT, PaaS and SaaS cloud computing etc. She is NIIT qualified in Advanced Network Computing, Google Certified in digital marketing. Her hobbies to maintain balance and reduce stress are gardening and cooking.