Are you trying to boost the conversion rate of your mobile apps, but you aren’t sure of the most effective methods to achieve this?
With more and more consumers using smartphones to browse their favorite websites and content, most site owners have taken steps to ensure mobile-friendly websites.
However, that’s only one part of the equation. The other part is making sure your lead generation plan is mobile-friendly and for Adaptive Design, E-Commerce Businesses, Online Shopper, Cross-Platform, Mobile Platforms, and Android Phone.
This way, you’re not losing any conversions to chance by introducing an unsatisfactory Mobile user experience (UX) on your site.
To help you, we’ll cover 11 strategies to increase your mobile conversion rates. Before we go into this, however, we should first understand the concept of mobile conversion rate optimization and why it’s important.
What is Mobile Conversion Rate Optimization?
Optimization of mobile conversion rates is developing lead generation strategies for mobile to boost the number of people who convert using mobile devices.
These can be:
- Joining a newsletter
- Participating in an online webinar
- Making a purchase
- or any other call to action (CTA) that you include in your mobile campaign.
This article will show you 11 methods to boost your mobile’s optimization rate. However, to assist you more, we’ve broken this article into two categories:
- Making Mobile-Friendly Options Campaigns
- Use Mobile Marketing Best Practices
Are you ready to get started? Let’s get started.
Create a Mobile-First campaign
First, ensure that your marketing campaigns are optimized for mobile devices. This means that you shouldn’t use an opt-in program created for desktops and present it to mobile users.
This could result in ugly designs for mobile screen campaigns, a bad customer experience (UX), and the loss of conversions.
This is why you require an effective lead generation tool such as OptinMonster that lets you make mobile-first options.
From the very beginning, you can be confident that your opt-in forms will appear beautifully on the device your users are using. The greatest part is that creating your mobile-friendly campaign is the same as designing it for desktops.
- For instance, you could quickly add new elements to your mobile templates using our drag and drop editor.
- Add a new block to the base mobile template
- You can also personalize your mobile marketing
- Color and much more. It is possible to create mobile-friendly designs that are specifically tailored to draw your customers’ attention and increase converts from mobile visitors.
Indeed, mobile-optimized popups are the way Salt Strong increased conversions by 185% and generated more than 1,000 new leads every week.
Make use of Multistep Options
We’ve written plenty about how effective 2-step opt-in forms can be in the past.
For mobile phone users, it’s more crucial.
It’s because you wish your website’s users to be able to quickly and effortlessly start the opt-in process. If you present them with a promotion featuring a large button that lets them opt-in, you’ll be able to encourage more people to take advantage of your campaign.
In addition, activating a multi step opt-in is simple. Click the Yes/No buttons on the top of the OptinMonster editor.
Use Yes-No campaigns to boost mobile conversions.
After that, you’ll be presented with an entirely new form, which displays an enormous button, not an opt-in form:
Mobile Conversions using Multi-Step Optins allows users to start the process of opting in easily. Once they’ve begun it, they’re more likely to complete the process.
You can increase mobile conversions across your website with just a few clicks.
Recapture of Visitors Abandoning Mobile Exit-Intent
The past was when exit-intent popups were only available for desktop users. However, now you can leverage the full potential that comes with Exit-Intent Technology to make it accessible to mobile users.
This factor means that you can trigger your opt-in forms when people actively exit their web page. When using mobile, you accomplish this by choosing an exit-intent trigger and then selecting the level of sensitivity:
Sensitivity of mobile phones
- The sensitivity levels of Medium and Low will trigger a scroll-up trigger. It means that when mobile users scroll up the page after reading your article, the advertisement will be displayed.
- High sensitivity creates an event that triggers the back button. Your campaign will then be shown when the user clicks to return to their mobile.
- Exit-intent marketing campaigns are extremely efficient in capturing those contemplating leaving. This factor is the same method that Crossrope employed to increase its email database by 90%.
- You can achieve similar results with mobile campaigns that boost conversions.
- Do you want to know more about the way mobile exit-intent functions? Take a look at this post on how you can create mobile exit-intent popups that can convert.
Re-engage Users with an Inactivity Sensor
Another trigger to increase mobile conversions is using an inactivity Sensor. If your customers haven’t been engaged on your page for a certain period, it will trigger your marketing campaign to be displayed.
- The Inactivity Sensors effectively get your opt-in forms to the visitors at their peak.
- You can also add sounds and animations to make your advertising campaigns more successful.
- As you’re aware, the internet is packed with distractions. Inactivity Sensors enable you to concentrate on your content and improve conversions on mobile devices.
Unlock the power of Push Notifications
We’ve already discussed how you can use traditional opt-in campaigns to increase conversion rates on mobile devices.
There’s a third technique that’s extremely powerful and extremely effective: push notifications.
Push notifications are small, nifty messages displayed on your mobile or desktop to prompt users to move. These notifications can be used to guide your users to a specific webpage with a specific call to take action.
Then, you’ll be able to see the conversion rate increase. This factor is because those who enable push notifications are usually attracted to your particular niche, your brand, and your content.
Also, they’re more likely to change their minds.
For the best notification for push, we strongly recommend looking into PushEngage.
PushEngage is one of the top push notification tools on the market. It allows you to design push notifications for your site without programming skills quickly.
With its modern features, you can:
- Reduce cart abandonment
- Notify users about sales and price reductions
- Keep track of your goals in eCommerce
- And much and more. If you’re looking to grow the number of mobile users who visit your site and push notifications are an effective option you should not overlook.
SMS Notifications via Leverage
Another option you might choose to employ could be SMS marketing. You can significantly increase the conversion rate of mobile phones by sending messages to your customers by text messages.
- After you’ve created an opt-in form on your desktop designed to gather the phone numbers of your visitors, You can then include them in your list of SMS contacts.
- Then you’ll be in a position to contact your contact list immediately. Additionally, 90 % of text messages are read within the first three minutes after receiving them.
- This factor means that you have a device at your fingertips to boost your conversion rates and generate more sales.
Promote Your Mobile App
If you’ve created a mobile-friendly app for your online business store, brand, or website, you must promote it.
If you’ve not built an app for mobile yet, it’s time to.
Mobile apps are a fantastic way to keep your followers in touch with your company. It is also possible to use these apps to develop reward programs for loyal customers, to keep your customers up-to-date, and, as you’ve got it right, increase the number of conversions coming through mobile devices.
Starbucks, for instance, has created an app that draws customers back to their locations. They used gamification to offer gold tokens when they purchase and offer discounts and promotional deals directly via their app.
Example – Starbucks Gamified App-Min
It is possible to create an app that keeps your customers entertained and get more customers to opt-in to your promotions to encourage them to return to your business.
Are you uncertain of how to promote your app to gain more customers? Hire the mobile app development team to create apps that gain more users.
Create Trust with Mobile Users
If you’re looking to improve the number of desktop visitors who visit your site, You’re probably aware of the importance of the trust badges that you have on your website.
- Trust badges are tiny icons or symbols that prove that your business is authentic, trustworthy, and reliable. If you don’t trust this, customers are less likely to deal with you or sign up for your promotions.
- The same principle applies to mobile phones.
- For higher conversion rates, you have to ensure that your mobile website shows trust signals, which will increase the visitors’ confidence in your company’s image.
- One trust signal we highly recommend is social proof notifications from TrustPulse:
TrustPulse is the top social proofing software and plugin available. It lets you make social proof alerts to inform your customers that other users engage positively with your company.
Following is an illustration of an alert on social proof mobile:
- If users can receive the notifications on their phones and tablets, they can click on the message. After that, they’ll be directed to your opt-in page or landing page and will be more likely to click.
Make Mobile Checkout and the Optin Forms
One important matter is that filling in forms is more difficult on mobile devices than on desktops.
- It is essential to ensure that your mobile checkout or opt-in forms are as simple to fill out as is possible for your customers.
- Be aware of the general rule that every new field you include in your forms online gives users on mobile devices a reason to leave the checkout process or the form.
For your mobile checkout flow to be as seamless as possible, it is important to make the process as simple as you can by using items such as:
- Fields with limited space
- Large navigational buttons
- Guest checkout
- Other best practices for mobile checkout.
It’s also the case when you have opt-in or payment forms on your site. When you’re working with a lead generation program, you can swiftly and easily modify the fields you’re looking for when making your opt-in form.
This way, your opt-in forms will be more effective in growing mobile conversions.
And if you’re using different forms on your site, it is important to ensure that you’re able to restrict the fields of the form. We highly recommend using a form-building tool like WPForms.
WPForms is the best form-building plugin for WordPress. With its drag-and-drop editor, you can modify the details you want to include and then sync it to the various marketing tools you use, such as PayPal gateways, email providers, and many more.
Take a look at this simple sign-up form used in Blog Tyrant to increase conversions.
Blog Tyrant sign-up form
They made use of WPForms to create the easiest sign-up form they could. When users log in via their mobile, it’s simpler to sign up.
Typing can be more difficult on smaller screens, so ensure that all your forms are easy and short if you’re trying to boost conversions on mobile devices. They should also be mobile-friendly.
Accelerate Your Mobile Website
The slow loading of pages is incredibly damaging to UX. This factor is especially true for users on desktops but appears even more critical for mobile devices.
- This factor is why it’s crucial to pay attention to the load time of your website on mobile devices.
- Make sure you test your mobile site’s load speed using an application such as Google Search Console for a way to verify that everything is running swiftly.
Another benefit is that speedy loading times can boost your website’s SEO efforts. This aspect can be tracked using an application like MonsterInsights:
- MonsterInsights is the best Analytics plugin available for WordPress.
- It allows you to access information directly from Google Analytics, Google Search Console, and other sources to ensure that your website is optimized.
- You can monitor your improvements in keywords in time to determine how the speed of your website is affecting your website’s content. You’ll also get all the data you need right into your WordPress administrator dashboard.
Make your site easier to use for mobile users
Last but not least, don’t overlook your mobile website’s layout. You should test the way your site appears on different screen sizes.
Then, you should follow some guidelines for designing mobile pages to ensure that users can navigate your website’s content more easily.
This aspect includes using design tricks, for example:
- Large buttons
- Bigger font sizes
- Drop-down menus for navigation
- And much more.
Suppose you don’t have any experience in web design. No problem. Take a look at this guide on the best practices in mobile marketing. You can Create High-Converting Mobile Campaigns Today. That’s all there is! We hope that this article is of good use to your business.
How to Improve Mobile Conversion?
As with any other task, the right device often makes the difference between the success and failure of your project. This is why, before you follow our eleven suggestions, we’d like to ensure that you are using the best mobile optimization tool before getting going. We can also help you with more targeting rules and triggers to connect with your mobile audience. Make sure that you don’t leave any revenue to chance.
What to bear in mind while considering Mobile Conversion Rate Optimization?
It is important to ensure that you’re not overlooking your mobile users when designing your lead generation plan. Your opt-in forms must appear appealing across different sizes of smartphones. Your loading times should be lightning-fast, and users must be able to navigate your forms on their mobile devices in the similar way they would on a desktop.
Dr.Supreena has published two international books in finance with the able guidance of her guide and department at Ethiraj College of Women, University of Madras during her PhD in Economics and Finance. She is the Recipient of Dr Vedagiri Shanmugasundaram (An Oxford Scholar) Award for Outstanding and Successful PhD Candidate from Ethiraj College for Women concerning research record and academic distinction. She is experienced in the domain of finance, digital marketing and information technology writing on Artificial Intelligence, IoT, PaaS and SaaS cloud computing etc. She is NIIT qualified in Advanced Network Computing, Google Certified in digital marketing. Her hobbies to maintain balance and reduce stress are gardening and cooking.